1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Long Covid is TMS

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Mindfulness, Aug 4, 2021.

Tags:
  1. alanmia

alanmia New Member

Hi Mindfulness
    We’re you in any inhalers for your shortness of breath? I’ve been six weeks past COVID and still have the shortness. I’ve had a CT scan and they saw minor glass(that’s what they call inflammation). I’ve also been to a pulmonologist. I did do a breathing test and it showed restrictions. I’m on a inhaler and nose spray for the drip. I thought that it might be TMS but haven’t been able to get over it yet.
    I’ve had numerous TMS episodes over the years which I’ve posted about here. thanks to everyone and ho shares on this site.

QUOTE="Mindfulness, post: 129718, member: 19682"]Thanks Andy! I got COVID in November of 2020 when we had record numbers (4,000 cases a day in Utah). I'm a pediatric dentist and contracted the virus either from a young, irresponsible employee who was going to bars and socializing like the Pandemic was a hoax. Or I got the virus from one of my thousands of asymptomatic but carrying pediatric patients. Regardless, I had a moderate case that left me with 6 months of chest pain, difficulty breathing, loss of taste-smell (oddly the most difficult symptom for me because I'm such a sensory person). Nicole Sach's has the best podcast in the world on TMS as she actually worked with Sarno for years as a colleague and suffered decades of TMS herself. She's brilliant and passionate. Listen.

When I finally ACCEPTED TMS as the cause of my LONG Haul COVID, my chest pain and difficulty breathing stopped in two weeks (after 6 months of being severe). Taste and smell has improved slowly over 3 months as I now know that my fear and anxiety related to lockdowns and loss of my business drove me to the edge. We either feel emotions with our heart or (if the emotions are deemed too dangerous by our subconscious) the emotions are felt in our bodies. The symptoms are VERY REAL but they are totally harmless. My strongest recommendation is Journaling your deepest, ugliest, meanest, maddest, most shameful thoughts and emotions. Sarno recommended journaling 20 minutes first thing in the morning and 20 minutes at night. I journal for 30 minutes right before bed (as I'm lying in bed actually). The key to healing is patience and ACCEPTANCE. Sarno believed in grades A, B, and C. "C" was average because you are only "considering" TMS as a possibility. "B" is good because you "believe" your symptoms are TMS. "A" is excellent because you have ACCEPTED TMS as the cause of your symptoms. You cease thinking "physically" including pills, PT, doctor visits (after servere disease has been ruled out by competent medical doctors) and using creams, lotions and who-knows-what-else as a medicine to cure your symptoms. Instead, start thinking "mentally" and what emotions might be causing your symptoms. As you journal, you'll start to peel the onion.

Lastly, everybody heals at different rates and comparing yourself with others is useless and sometimes delays healing. It makes you doubt and become more anxious or angry when you compare yourselves with others. Turn off all social media. Hope that helps. Dr. Schubiner is a great person and I hope more TMS doctors spring up in the coming years. COVID and the fear/hysteria/lies generated by media and politicians will create a wave of chronic pain/symptoms that the world has not seen in our lifetimes.[/QUOTE]

2. Jim D.

Jim D. Peer Supporter

I know this thread is about long COVID, but I was struck by your mention of eczema. I also suffer from that TMS symptom. Have you posted about eczema specifically in another thread? I have found it a very stubborn condition.

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Jim D.

Welcome. I suggest you make a new post with the symptom/diagnosis in the title, and this way you'll get more attention and perhaps responses. Skin issues have been successfully treated with this method. Use the search box also.
    Good luck and we hope to hear more from you!

Andy