1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Live Long and Prosper

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by plum, Mar 17, 2020.

1. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

F2E74D1D-5E7B-4E67-A2F4-A00CC0271AEE.jpeg

The Vulcan hand gesture is a great way of greeting peeps during these times. Much better than an elbow bump and a nice alternative to the beautiful Nameste.

Amber, JanAtheCPA and TG957 like this.
  2. had

had Peer Supporter

Personally I don't understand how someone comes up with something like the elbow bump or foot bump. Just say "hello", nod your head, smile or whatever...why all this need to force some weird touch or gesture? Many Asian countries have used slight bows forever. Not long ago...a few days before this exploded in the public mind but not so far back anyone paying attention wasn't aware, my doctor wiped his nose and shoved his hand at me. Even in the best of times people are gross. I only want to be touched by people I am intimate with and simply do not understand how something stupid like touching elbows became a thing at all.

I am unreasonably annoyed by this I know....but elbows and feet? To me it's like if one couldn't eat solid foods for some medical reason...people decided to dice things up and stick them up their bum until they got up into the small intestine, rather than just making a smoothie...weirdly unnecessary and not solving the problem at all really. If we HAVE to do gestures...I think placing the hand up with the backside facing the recipient...and extending the finger between the ring and index finger, waving it from side to side if needing to express more emotion...is a nice alternative.

Sita likes this.
  3. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Love your post, @plum! Let us all live long and prosper!

plum likes this.
  4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Well @plum, as a die-hard fan from the very first episode, which of course means being a die hard fan of the brilliant Spock, how could I not love this? What a wonderful, and always gracious man.

Still practicing it...

plum likes this.
  5. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

The interview is lovely and I love the roots of the gesture. Plus it makes people smile and that is always a blessing. God alone we need some humour to keep us in good spirits.

6. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm incapable of doing this gesture, but my attempts have made me laugh at myself, which is always a wonderful thing!

Personally, I like putting my hand on my heart and tapping it, with a slight nod, when I meet someone.

Sita and TG957 like this.