1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Live life normally

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Candy, Feb 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Candy

Candy New Member

Hello everyone,

I know that in order to recover, we need to live our life again the way we used to live before tms. I would like to ask on how to live life normally again? I know we are NORMAL, its just that our nervous system is extremely sensitized as of the moment. Since my pain and anxiety started, i never ever stopped living my life, although there are things that i used to enjoy that i put off doing as of the moment, like watching movie series during my free time, because i lost interest in them already. Now, my free time is spent mostly in this forum. Honestly, i got a lot of help from this forum especially to those who keep on encouraging me and to the success stories that ive read on here.

Now, i wanted to live my life normally again the same way as before. I wanted to watch the movie series again, but how do i start since i cant concentrate and i feel sad and anxious because i will always look back to the time when i was well and enjoyed them that much. Do i just have to watch them again even though i dont enjoy them at first? And eventually, the enjoyment will just come? And if i keep on doing the things that made me happy before even though i dont feel happiness yet as of now, will happiness just return slowly? And will normality just happen? And many people suggested to have a good laugh, but its so hard to laugh as of this moment.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  2. RozieHolland

RozieHolland Peer Supporter

Hi Candy,
    I have the same. When I wake up the first thing I do is feel how the pain is. Is the pain gone or reduced?
    Then I quickly change my attention to my feelings and emotions and get out of bed.
    I cannot enjoy tv or music or shopping or anything else. I am to much in this program.

I give myself a little time to complete this program and let things for what they are.
    I go to work and then I have less pain. I know I participate to little in life, but that's what it is right now.
    I can't push myself. I do it my way.

With love, Rozie.

Candy likes this.