1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 8 Live and learn

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Sid, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Sid

Sid Newcomer

I learned about Dr. Sarno one night while browsing in a bookstore. The title "Healing Back Pain" jumped out at me because my back was very painful as I stood there. I bought it and immediately found myself on every single page. That was all about 5 years ago. I am still struggling with TMS but after years and years of severe back pain, I have very little of it now. However, recently, I have had a bad cold and was able to stay home and in bed while recovering. One of my triggers is that if I stay in bed more than 7 hours at a time, my back aches for a few days. That has happened to me now. I still haven't really figured out how to deal with triggers. I'd love some insight.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Sid,

The TMS Recovery Program has some education on this. You might take a few days from the SEP, and check this out, then return to SEP.

Also, if you can observe and recognize that you are being triggered, this will help. Try to observe and not be too fearful of the triggers, or that you are triggered. This is to be seen, and seen through, which you may be closer to doing than you think.

Andy B

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016