1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Little victories

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by SRcombs, Jul 16, 2019.

1. SRcombs

SRcombs Peer Supporter

My TMS shows up as neck and shoulder pain. I used to lift weights, but stopped because it always seemed to aggravate my shoulders. Well, I got frustrated a few weeks ago when I couldn't even do one push up!! I hadn't realized how much strength I'd lost. So I decided to use these techniques to built it back up. I literally started with ONE wall push-up, while telling myself "This is a safe activity for me, I have a strong, healthy back, neck and shoulders" Well, no pain the next day!! So I've been increasing my wall push-ups one per week. I'm currently up to 4 and have had no bad reaction. Once I get to 10 wall push-ups, I'm going to then try to do 1 on the floor girl push-up. When I get to that point I'm going to throw myself a little party.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. Jimnat7

Jimnat7 Peer Supporter

One step at a time and you’ll be back to full pushups in no time. Good luck. Visualize yourself doing the things you use to do and eventually you’ll get there.

SRcombs likes this.