1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

little story. being an artist, not a victim

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by Hanna, May 13, 2015.

1. Hanna

Hanna Newcomer

So, I was having a particularly painful day and was carrying my food outside to eat when I flat out dropped it. A surge of anger instantly ensued with all the "WHYYYYs" and "WHAT IS WRONG WITH MEs."

I combated that with some "okay, okay...everything's fine" and "things like this don't define you" and all that. But the negative feelings didn't go away.

I then thought okay well if I can't change my reality with my thoughts, than maybe I can change actual reality. So, I rearranged my spilled peas and instantly felt wonderful ^_^

Interesting how going from being affected to affecting (even in a small and ridiculous way) can have such a dramatic impact.

I guess you could say I am at "peas" with spilling my food :p (sorry, had to)

Attached Files:

SunnyinFL, Forest, Ellen and 2 others like this.
  2. Mala

Mala Well known member

Hanna I love what u did. You took a negative situation & gave it a positive outcome. This skill is very important. An external environmental trigger that is you dropping the food made you angry but you were able to consciously control the negative thoughts and behaviour & as a result your mood and how you felt. Since thoughts, mood, behaviour & how we feel physically are all connected, changing one can hugely affect the others.

Use this skill consistently & u will see changes. It may not be always easy but stick with it until it becomes a way of life.

Well done & good luck!

Mala

Hanna and Forest like this.
  3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

I love it! And I can completely relate to having bad feelings that won't go away. Kudos to you for your creative way of dealing with it.

Hanna likes this.
  4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

I love this Hanna. Thank you for such a simple practice. Just to have an effect, vs being the one "effected." To give yourself the experience of this. My dance/movement practice gives me this too. To take action. To Be.

This "taking back your power" is also the means to work with the Superego/Inner Critic. It is to inhabit and use your life force. Why? Because it feels good! So I see a little parallel there with the self-rejection and you deciding what you wanted to do. Bravo. May we all inhabit our life!

Andy B.

Mala and Hanna like this.