1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Literal "pain in the butt."!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by UFGatormom, Apr 14, 2015.

1. UFGatormom

UFGatormom New Member

Before I go running off to my PCP, (who I don't want to go to), wanted to put this out there. About three and a half weeks ago, I was bitten by a neighbor's dog while trying to protect my dog. Received many puncture wounds and was treated in ER. Wounds are healing fine and was given two shots of Clindamycin in addition to oral antibiotics. Shots were IM into the glute region and hurt like heck initially. One on the right side has no residual pain but the left one is to this date, absolutely horrible! So of course, like most TMSer's, googling away to see if the nurse could have hit a "nerve," piriformis muscle, blah blah blah...I have kept postponing seeing a doc about this thinking my anxiety is just ramping up the pain but today it is pretty gosh darn bad. Even walking hurts and working out at gym today extremely painful. Being this was a specific event that brought this on, should I get this checked? What a "pain in the ass!"

2. PamD

PamD Peer Supporter

Sounds like you had quite an experience. I am not one to give medical advice but if you feel you need a doctor, you may need to. It is important to rule out any structural, organic or serious problems. In keeping with thoughts about TMS, your mention of investigating and thinking about the possible reasons is interesting. If you are dealing with a TMS situation this would make sense. How angry might you be at the neighbor, the dog, yourself and, it might have been frightening on many levels, fear for your dog and for yourself. I hope you both are ok.

UFGatormom likes this.
  3. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Get it checked out.

4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Gatormom,
    No harm in having them look at it, in my opinion. You'll probably be re-assured that it is something they can't "find the cause of" and you'll be back in Sarno land in a heartbeat! Butt then you can put the physical thinking more behind you. ;)
    Andy B.

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Gatormom, I agree about getting medical checkup,
    but you are probably just worrying that something is structurally wrong.
    When you get assurance you are physically okay, then you will be more able to
    believe you have TMS. Fear and worry can bring on pain or keep it with us.

And thank you for rescuing your dog. I am a great dog lover and know what a
    wonderful thing you did. Now enjoy your dog and it will distract you so you don't worry
    that the dog bites are causing you physical pain. That is very unlikely.