1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Listening to TMS talks

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Kevin Barry, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Kevin Barry

Kevin Barry Peer Supporter

Something that I have started to do that seems to be helping is I have been listening to TMS talks that I find on YouTube while I do my 30 minutes of Aerobic exercise every morning. I resisted doing this for a long time because I wanted to spend the time listening to things that were more enjoyable. However, I finally decided that nothing was more important for me than addressing my TMS and started listening to educational material on TMS on a regular basis. I find it does a couple of things. The first is it gives me a way to make a commitment that helps me to remember that there's nothing like a little physical pain to keep your mind off your emotional problems so I can keep my mind on the psychological rather than the physical. The second thing is I often find little tidbits of gold within the talks that help me learn about TMS and the mind-body connection and it seems to be having a good affect on me.

Cog likes this.