1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 8 Linking emotions and pain

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by dankat, Mar 13, 2014.

1. dankat

dankat New Member

The "Question to ponder" is such a good one today. It says, "Are you having success at recognizing the emotions connected to your pain? If you have, how do these emotions make you feel? If not, what do you think is preventing you from doing this?"

I feel like I am uncovering some good painful stuff as I examine my personality traits (like people-pleasing), as well as my fears and other triggers, but I am not sure I am making the link to my physical issues. Maybe there are some concrete ways to link this awareness to my body, but at this point I am just doing the work and trying to have faith that my body and brain will find its way to release eventually.... Thoughts? Many thanks in advance!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

When you uncover the fears and triggers do you have an emotion that comes with that fear or trigger? If you do sense it without judgment or fear or criticism and see how it feels then. This is how you can begin to acknowledge your feelings ok. This will help you to get back in touch with your emotions instead of repressing them.
    Thanks