1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Light sensitivity and vision problems

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by readytoheal, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Stella

Stella Well known member

I had blurry vision after my Mother passed. I went to the eye Doctor who said it was a Ocular Migraine from stress. It comes on whenever i put stress on myself which is all the time.

Shakermaker and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. jorgem12

jorgem12 Peer Supporter

I have had your exact symptoms @readytoheal two years ago! I even had nystagmus for a bit. I was told to have an MRI of my brain and some white matter hypersensitivities came up and I was scared to death that I would develop MS and the MRI notes said that that was a very slight possibility. The nystagmus eventually went away (a dr had originally diagnosed it as labyrinthitis). Yet, I continued for months with the floaters, phosphenes (flashes of light), halos, and light sensitivity. I eventually had the fortune of seeing a neurologist that specializes in MS and he basically said there was no way I was developing MS. He said it was all stress and anxiety. What a huge relief!
    Although, I continued having the symptoms for a few more months until I stopped focusing or caring about the symptoms and they basically went away. From time to time I get the flashes of light which is when I'm more anxious or more stressed (which is still often since I'm working on my own TMS recovery of other TMS symptoms).

I wish you the best in your recovery!

JanAtheCPA likes this.