1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Lifted a TV

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Sonic, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Sonic

Sonic Peer Supporter

Hi all,

Have not been doing to bad with regards to chronic back/body pain and vertigo for a couple of months. Pain was there still but at manageable levels, actually thought I was en-rout to recovery with the progress I have made.

Anyways, lifted a TV up from the floor to the bench and now my lower back kills. Anxiety has been through the roof since worrying about this setback. It's hard not the think physical. I've tried to think psychological and carry on as normal but it's difficult.

Anyone any experiences with setbacks?

2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes. All of us who are 'cured' have had little frustrations here and there. You probably still have some lingering notion that lifting is bad. I lift stuff all day, everyday. I don't have the TIME to deal with all of that medieval structural 'tips'.

I saw a guy at the autoparts store wearing one of those silly belts the other day. I also noticed he was not very sharp, and probably would be better served in a job where thinking or using his brain wasn't so crucial.

He must have a lot of anxiety about working in a job that is 'over his head'... bad pun intended

3. Sonic

Sonic Peer Supporter

Thanks man, yeah must admit that still have some notions that bending and lifting are bad and have been avoiding doing them as much.

Combining them 2 fears together at the same time probably instigated it. Just gotta carry on regardless of setbacks.