1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Letting go/difficult family relationships

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by North Star, Mar 20, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Maribel

Maribel New Member

I wrote my hate my sister letter and I enjoyed it!

tomorrow I will do the forgiveness one.. I hope I enjoy it to!

2. flowerbells

flowerbells New Member

I took a look at the Melanie Tonia Evans website. Thanks for the suggestion. Her info led me to this Kindle book on Amazon dot com: Cognitive Dissonance: 153 Success Secrets. I wonder if the concept of cognitive dissonance is another massive self help issue/approach. I am through with taking on new "dig in" approaches to self help. My work is having quality of life, not constantly solving problems like I've spent most of my life doing. What do you think?

3. Maribel

Maribel New Member

The goal is quality of life, making choices that honor what you need and what makes you happy.

The only problem is that unconscious patterns can play havoc with this goal - to me reading the posts of Melanie open a door in my understanding of my sister and husband dynamic, then dr Sarno opened another door about the connection between emotions and physical problems and let me to dig my family history.

I am working at cleaning up my patterns, but you can't clean up something you don't even know is defining your life!

So the answer are you at a point that nothing in your conscious/ unconscious is standing in your way to living everyday with ease and joy?