1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 29 Letter to my sister

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Saoirse, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Saoirse

Saoirse Peer Supporter

So I am asked to write a letter to someone who wronged you, well here goes.
    Dear Sister this Christmas I did not have you in my life for the first time since I was born , the last 10 months since you cut me out of your life have been so hard and so confusing and so upsetting I can't believe your coldness and betrayal. For you to side with another sibling against me when I had confided that upset was killing me and yet I never asked you to choose or talked bad about anyone except to say I missed them . Was I so wrong to stand up to our sibling after Mum died when she was being unfair and asking for us to join her in this , to be mean and cold to someone who I felt did not deserve it. I was sick from the emotions and the betrayal the complete lack of loyalty and side choosing . I was sick in myself , anxious and incredulous, I loved you and you were my friend and then obernight you just treated me with disdain and outright you dropped me from a height no calls, no texted returned you coward. I felt small and worthless by you all and so no wanted and not liked and I felt adrift and without a plan to go on with my life , sad, angry ,upset confused so physically sick ;and you were not. You were my best friends my now all my siblings living here have nights out ,holidays and I am not included and now I am shut out with half not even speaking to me. My heart was broken so constricted with pain , sadness and yet more grief and loss, I get angry with myself for missing you and wanted it all to be fixed indeed 2 years I spent doing everything I could to fix it with everyone but not at the cost of my integrity. I have not got it i me as a person to be so heartless and cold and cruel and it has opened my eyes and made me think maybe your all not worthy of me ? I am no longer chasing after a fix I am a good person and I deserve more. I will work on letting you all go and focus on the many people that do love me but for one minute imagine all your siblings not wanting you!!! turning their backs on you!!! how good would that make you feel ? . I was so angry with you I wanted to hurt you and make you feel some of the pain I was feeling but no more, my energy is mine and I am not giving you it anymore. So Good Luck I havent forgiven you yet but I will but one day when you realize what you have lost I wont be here waiting for you I will have love and friendship for myself and people who truly love me.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Saoirse. Sorry not to have replied until now. I had a busy weekend.

Your letter to your sister was excellent. Now try to work on forgiving her, and that will help bring you peace. Some people are just impossible to communicate with. Try to let all this go.

Did you send the letter. I think it won't make matters worse, and could be a relief to you if you did send it. I might add at the end, "I am willing at any time for us to put this all behind us."

3. Saoirse

Saoirse Peer Supporter

Hi Walt thank you , you are so supportive it means a lot. I did not send it as I sent one to my other sister and it blew up in my face with my whole family , she showed everyone and it made matters worse. I am working on forgiving her and myself thanks.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm sorry you had a bad experience from the letter to your other sister, so you were right not to send the other sister a letter. Best to try to forgive them both, and for sure to forgive yourself.

Saoirse likes this.