1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Lethargy

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Jacqui9, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Jacqui9

Jacqui9 Peer Supporter

Any suggestions for overcoming lethargy. Thank you in advance.

2. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Ok, this is going to sound odd, but my cure is just to make myself do something!
    I had a rare sick day from work last Monday. I had a bad infection and was waiting for the dr to call in an antibiotic. (As it happens, I didn't get it until 2:30 pm. Grr.:rage:)
    I spent the am just sitting around feeling miserable. After lunch, logic kicked in, and I decided to make myself do something around the house. It was hard to start, but it took my mind off all my physical discomfort, and I had the added bonus of getting something done.

3. Jacqui9

Jacqui9 Peer Supporter

Gigi, Thank you for your reply to my question. I appreciate the push in the direction you sent me. Between the pain, anxiety and fear it is sometimes difficult for me to do anything but look for solutions to the pain on the computer but I know that I need to do something more than that. I am retired but have many things to do with our well-loved animals, our house and our property. I decided to try to do one thing a day no matter how small and hopefully I can build from there.

4. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Yay! A great way to start.:joyful: