1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Leg weakness/unsteadiness, possibly TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by hpowders, Aug 21, 2018.

1. nowa

nowa Peer Supporter

i have been told by a neurologist that I have the symptoms of atypical Parkinson's and they want to do a DAT scan to rule it out, but I came off opioids last March and am still having withdrawal symptoms, (I am sensitive to meds since i came off benzodiazepines after being on them for 30 years), and I have read that opioids interfere with dopamine production for at least a year after cessation of use, and the test is all about dopamine so it could give a false positive, so I said that I would have the scan in April of this year, but I am terrified of the scan because it is radioactive, and the day before it u have to take something to protect your thyroid. I have had an MRI scan of my brain which was normal for my age.
    Has anybody got any experience with a DAT scan?

And the worst symptom for me is the inability to put my heels down first when i walk so that i stumble along on my toes, and this scares me and makes me feel hopeless and depressed, so you are not alone...