1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Learning New Ways

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Ok I have this pain in my shoulder for 25 yrs right and now for over 18 months its been fine. Now I go through some rough patches before the year is up and then I go to my chest exercises on the bench press, as im doing them I feel this pain in my shoulder go off, like bang and then I stop the benching and move my arms in the normal circle I usually do and I feel the sharpness again. So you would think, id think ok this is structural -- when in all truth im not thinking structural.

I come into take a break from the rest of my workout and my focus is on my shoulder cause I've been told the frozen shoulder and cuff tears, bursitis in the past, right -- physical thinking -- So I start to use focusing by Eugene Gendlin cause if its real tear then the pain wont leave if I focus without judgment right.See most people just don't want to think about the area on the body in pain so that leads to unconscious focus and fear right, repression sometimes by default.
    So I thought why don't I lie down and focus on it then command or speak to the shoulder to relax and after that see it in an image healing then tell all the white blood cells to rush in and heal it and actually tell the corpuscles to rush in with the blood cells seeing it heal and mend as this white light from above flooding over me and healing every part of my mind body and spirit right.

So im using imaging , meditation , focusing, commanding words in thought and as many other tools as I've learnt along the way -- the whole time not focusing in a judgmental way full of compassion -- just know its in that spot and command the muscles to mend while im feeling the sensation of heat mending the shoulder right.

Its 24 hrs. later and my arm feels great, I felt 1 stich of pain this morning but when I focused on the area and then ran through my stretches it didn't bother me so im thinking -- wow -- this tms pain can actually disguise itself as real pain happening at the time that you'd think a real injury would happen -- and im a Guru. " The truth is I've known this all along, its just so tricky, its your brain ya know, it knows your thoughts and now we know its tricks".

I got to stay on top of my game -- no judging just self compassion and gratitude as much as possible.
    Knowing that these actions is what generates the cure.

There is a powerful mixture of many minds here at Tmswiki sharing wisdom as a gift everyday of the year teaching and Learning to heal broken muscles and other ailments with the knowledge and wisdom we have learned in our life times and through Dr. Sarnos teachings -- then we bring it here all put together as a gift to everyone that might be an ol or new friend. ( That's Priceless)

This is for you guys to know that you can rise above any adversity no matter how dire the perception of it we can always find a way to the peace and the cure we need.

Bless You

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
    lauren4235 and Lily Rose like this.
  2. Lily Rose

Lily Rose Beloved Grand Eagle

What an exquisitely expressed reminder for us all. While we may know what we should do in a crisis ... it is the remembering what to do when the pain hits. Too often, the pain engages and our fears amplify and our IQ vanishes. To stay present, to turn on that internal spotlight, casting illumination upon the issue ... that takes strong presence of mind. Pain is like a Mischief Maker that torments the innocent nerves which in turn agitates the muscles. Mischief Makers do not fare well under scrutiny.

Compassion and gratitude ... beautiful.

You ARE a Guru ... and I look to your wisdom often. I have been here such a short time, and my icon now says Guru, as well. This seems premature, as though I am a child who has been caught playing dress-up in mommy's pretty dresses (though, in truth, my mom's clothing was never frilly or flouncy enough for her princess daughter).

Thank you for this post. It is perfect.

with grace and gratitude,
    ^_^

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Simply Beautiful , thank you so much from my heart Lily rose, your words mean a lot to me. Im humbled.
    Bless you my friend