1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Learn to not pay too much attention to flashing/sparking pain

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by amanpervaiz, Sep 18, 2022.

1. amanpervaiz

amanpervaiz New Member

Hi all,

I have a very specific question.

My pain (different parts in the back) is such that it flashes/sparks every few seconds unexpectedly. Sometimes delay is even more (maybe minutes). The pain itself is not that much but the anxiety (adrenaline) it produces scares me.

I had something similar a few years ago when I used to see floaters. I would see a floater and get a pang of anxiety. I got over it in a few months by using a technique in which I would stare at the floaters which produced anxiety and accepted the anxiety. Eventually I stopped seeing the floaters.

1.) Should I do something similar for the flashing pain? Just sit calmly a few times a day and observe the flash and anxiety? How many times to do it?

2.) Are there people in forum who learnt to ignore this or learnt to not pay too much attention to this?

Thank you in advance!!!

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Question right back at you: why not try it? What have you got to lose?

Answer: you must have faith in your own good judgment to figure this out for yourself. Give it a good honest try. Treat it as a mindful and meditative exercise that is beneficial in multiple ways. There is no definitive answer anyone else can give you, because each person's brain, and that brain's resistance to positive change, are all too different.

Just do it! It's free, and it can't harm you!