1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Layers

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by redbird, Dec 13, 2018.

1. redbird

redbird Newcomer

On December 5, 2018 I finished The Mindbody Prescription. Totally convinced of the effect TMS has had on my life, today I'm beginning the SE Program, determined to rid myself of all layers of my TMS.

Most that I read focuses on pain, but my journey began at a young age with insomnia, depression and over time included a hypertension diagnosis in my mid 20's. The pain came later, moved and multiplied.

Dr. Sarno said hypertension "is not a TMS equivalent," but that there is evidence that some hypertension is a psychogenic disorder. I've been convinced since my diagnosis that this is the case, but never had anyone validate it. I will approach this symptom with more caution.

So my Day 1 question is what would life without TMS would mean? FREEDOM

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Redbird,

Welcome to the Forum and Wiki. I wish you the best in deepening all your understanding/practice with TMS treatment.

I want to say that in Dr. Sarno's last book, The Divided Mind there is a chapter on hypertension, written by a contributor, with a more complete discussion of the the type of hypertension which is understood to be treatable with the TMS approach (and the type which is not). You might be interested to get this book also. Very good book by the way, longer and more in-depth than his earlier books.

Sincerely,

Andy B

3. redbird

redbird Newcomer

Hi Andy,

Having never been in an online forum of any kind (not even facebook) I was apprehensive about joining this, to say the least. But your short reply has assured me that this will be easier not done alone. I sincerely thank you for the suggestion, I've ordered the book.

Have a great weekend.

Lizzy likes this.
  4. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Welcome Redbird,

I had hypertension in my twenties also. It went away after a few years. I'm now sure it was Mindbody, as I am in my fifties with normal blood pressure. I think it is great you ordered the book Andy recommended.
    Glad you found the forum and started to participate!

Lizzy

5. Nissou

Nissou New Member

I started to have light high blood pressure along with my back pain, doctors was explaining it by the HT is caised by the pain, and after i knew about my disc herination, the pain got worse and so the blood pressure , few months later i stopped medication and decided to focus on my back problem first, it was too much to handle at one time, i founded bout TMS 10 weekes ago decided to not take my blood pressure anymore and consider it as TMS equivalent, i am still working on my healing, still having pain even worse, but last week through my dentist visit they mesured my blood pressure and was 120/75 . I was super happy, i did not take it since and treating it as TMS symptome, i just hope i am correct.

Lizzy likes this.
  6. srton

srton Well known member

This happened to me during my last back pain flareup which was about 1.5 years ago. I was deep into doing the work and trying to access my repressed feelings - posting here - ya know doing allll the things I could to possibly figure out what I was holding in to cause this pain and lo and behold it totally healed the ezcema on my hands. This was a total byproduct of the work i was doing for my back. It's incredible and a miracle and I havent really had ezcema issues since then.
    Hoping that your hypertension is lowering and that your journey is continuing on the right path.
    best,
    srton