1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 Latest Exercise!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Laudisco, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Laudisco

Laudisco Well known member

I've been exercising quite a bit lately, as I've taken my housemate's dogs for walks nearly every day. I took the dog for a longer walk by the local lake today, which was really nice. I've also been thinking of doing some more swimming or even an aqua aerobics class.

One breakthrough I had recently is that a friend gave me a car as a gift, so I renewed my licence - as I hadn't been driving for over two years due to the neuropathic pain. (The previous car I had was a really old manual car and my nerve pain attacks were so severe, it became unsafe to drive.) Anyway, this car is an automatic and I have been able to drive it mostly pain free, which has been wonderful!!

Today I also did some journalling about my relationships with my father and stepfather. I realised that last time I did the SEP I focused more on other relationships, including my mother and stepmother, as I experienced more emotional abuse from them. However, I have come to realise that my father and stepfather were actually passive and enabled the emotional abuseā€¦ so I need to work through that too.

I've been feeling better than usual in the last week, so I'm quite encouraged!

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

It is amazing how exercise can help, I think the combination of fresh air, exercise and being in a ''natural' setting really boosts our well-being.

Laudisco likes this.
  3. Laudisco

Laudisco Well known member

Yeah, I saw a beautiful sunset yesterday, which really boosted my mood as well! I think being out in the sun and fresh air makes a real difference to me. :)