1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Lateral pelvic tilt and ocd

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by bubba890, Apr 9, 2023.

1. bubba890

bubba890 Newcomer

Hello everyone. I’m a 28 year old male and I have had ocd/anxiety ever since I was about 10 years old. When I was 12 I broke my left leg (tibia) in an accident. I recovered in about 6 months. After that I never really felt like my leg recovered to 100% as it was always weaker than my right leg and my knee always had pain. And I always viewed my right leg as my strong leg. From age 16-19 I had chronic back pain and tried physical therapy, acupuncture, chiropractor etc. which seemed to help some and I figured that it was because of my leg injury and that I was over using my right leg during activity and that my body was imbalanced. They would always point out to me how my right leg/quad/hip/butt cheek/psoas was tighter than my left side and how my pelvis was higher on the right than the left (lateral pelvic tilt). My right quad is still bigger and more developed than my left. I finally found Scott Brady’s TMS book and read it and my back pain was gone in 6 weeks.
    For the past 9 years I have dealt with zero back pain, but have had severe ocd and live in complete flight or fight all the time. I also still have the lateral pelvic tilt and feel twisted at my hips. I see myself in the mirror and my right shoulder is significantly lower than my left shoulder and my right hip is higher than my left hip. I also pronate a lot more on my right foot than my left and I think I am kind of postured over on my right side since whenever I run and workout my right leg is significantly more sore and tired than my left leg. I can’t help but think this is because of the way my pelvis/hips are aligned. Also My right shoe is also a lot more worn down than my left shoe (running shoes). I get nervous to work out because my whole right side (from my leg all the way up into my abdominals) are way tighter on my right side than my left after the session.
    I believe in the power of mind body healing and TMS and all of that, but I am just unsure if this is one of the normal structural abnormalities that Sarno talks about.
    I just want to feel peace in my head and have a strong body. I am unsure where to go. I would like to speak to a TMS professional whether it is a counselor or a MD since I have been in this journey all by myself.

I just want to know if my mind can cause this tilt/twist in my pelvis and do I need PT to fix it? Should I just resume normal activity again? I have been living like this for the last few years and ignoring the tightness but it just has gotten to a point where I want to fix it. (Side note: I pretty much do all of the activities I want and don’t let the pain stop me from doing much.)
    The other question I have is do I need to get rid of this pelvic tilt to technicallly “heal”?

Thank you

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

Anxiety can cause these patterns. I have the same physical pattern, and all humans do. Yours is just slightly more exaggerated.
    You are healed! You have no pain. You are fine! Enjoy your life, and work on your self-care and mental health

3. bubba890

bubba890 Newcomer

Sorry I should have clarified. I do have hip pain In my right hip and constant hamstring tightness. However it is not bad enough to sideline me completely from activity. I just get so discouraged when I try to push myself and my abdominals on my right side lock up. Since I guess I’m postured that way or overstabalize on my right side.

do you experience any of these symptoms? I am scared that I need PT since my posture is more exaggerated than most.

4. Mery

Mery Newcomer

If you have access to podcasts,,, check out " The Mind and Fitness podcast Eddy Lindenstein" ,, episode 264 with Alec Kassin .... this episode helped me with right side body pain ive had for 3 years... i listen to it often and it might just help you too .

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  5. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Good call, @Mery, thank you! Eddy's podcast is s great resource.

Another practitioner with severe back abnormalities diagnosed in childhood, that make no difference to her living a completely active life in full (including bearing children, which she was told would be impossible) is Nicole Sachs, LCSW - who also has a podcast, called The Cure For Chronic Pain with Nicole Sachs. In fact, Nicole appeared on Eddy's show three times in the early days. Here's a copy/paste from my profile of some early Eddy episodes (as you can see this list is quite old - I haven't updated it in a long time, and by now there are so many. This will get you started along with episode 264 recommended by @Mery)

The Mind & Fitness Podcast, by Eddy Lindenstein. Eddy started his fitness podcast in 2017 before he succumbed to pain and learned about TMS, and since then he has combined the two topics - and also interviewed a lot of TMS luminaries, as well as fitness experts with a mindbody focus. Here are just a few top recommendations:
    #95 Dr. David Clarke, MD
    #85 Dr. Howard Schubiner, MD
    #70 Dan Buglio, TMS coach
    #65 Andy Bayliss, TMS coach
    #10, #37, #38: Nicole Sachs, LCSW (Nicole has her own weekly podcast)
    #25 Dr. David Hanscom, MD, back surgeon turned mindbody advocate
    #14, #61 Steve Ozanich, TMS author and consultant

6. gx92

gx92 Peer Supporter

I saw a Video from dan buglio, look how tilted his spine hip and shoulder Was, now it returned to normal after he healed, crazy isnt it ?? I also have severe bad hip flexibility, maybe because of tms?