1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 26 Last time talking to parents

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by DontStopBelieving, Jun 19, 2017.

1. DontStopBelieving

DontStopBelieving Peer Supporter

I must admit, today I was quite lazy and went through the reading and journaling not paying much attention. It is also insanely warm in the UK, I feel like a body without air or water. Then my brain started working and I noted down things I forgot were traumatic for me when I was a teenager. Will journal about them when it feels right but now at least I know they are there. Anyhow the thing we were supposed to share here about parents, that's what made me go like: oh wait a minute, that's a very personal question... I went defensive straight away because I haven't dealt with it. My dad died 6 years ago and my mum and I talk maybe once a month. So there you go. I don't want to force it, things have been going good and I know those issue are waiting for me, I will get there.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Those memories of traumatic teenage years could well be from where your TMS pain is coming. Most repressed emotions are personal. The great thing about TMS recovery is, you can keep them private. You don't have to talk to anyone about them, just do the journaling to discover what emotions you are repressing. You are on the right track... don't force anything and be patient that you will uncover the emotions and you will be free of the symptoms.