1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 3 Last time I exercised

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by David25, Apr 4, 2017.

1. David25

David25 Newcomer

Thanks in large part to reminding myself that I have no structural abnormalities and wanting to make better use of my spare time I have began running on a fairly regular basis. The last time I ran was two days ago and in all honesty it was fantastic. I couldn't have asked for more ideal conditions and I was able to run somewhere between 5-6km. Physically I felt spent afterwards, though nothing out of the ordinary after a long run. Emotionally I was in felt relaxed and really positive. After stopping running some way through last year due to reccurrent knee and hip pain it has been liberating to take it up again. The pain I experienced last year seemed to appear almost at the same time on each run, whereas any pain I've experienced recently is short lived and generally moves around to grab my attention elsewhere.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, David. I'm glad you are running and not feeling a lot of discomfort. That's a great morale booster for you.
    Be sure to breathe deeply while running. Inhale through the nose to the count of 4, hold the breath to 7, exhale through your mouth to the count of 8. Repeat 4 times. Then just breathe slowly. Maybe tell yourself a positive mantra while you are running. "I am feeling better and better. I know my symptoms are not structural. They are psychological, from my emotions."