1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Lady Gaga cancels rest of tour, because of severe chronic pain (TMS)

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Jules, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Jules

Jules Well known member

I thought it was interesting, I’m just reading this article about Lady Gaga and how she has fibromyalgia. I also read another article that states she has PTSD. (was raped by a producer who was 20 years older than her 19 years at the time) So, this article talks about fibromyalgia and Lady Gaga, but what’s interesting is the first comment explicitly talks about emotional trauma and that it (fibro) is psychosomatic. How many other big names have the same thing, but will never know what the real reason is?

I wish I could talk to her, since we all know what she’s going through. I even watched her special on Netflix and you can tell she’s in a lot of pain. Often times, she hides it by acting out, especially during her shows. The shock factor like Madonna. It’s amazing how she still tours the world and dances like crazy, but until she deals with her PTSD, she may never get well. :(

This just shows how powerful repressed emotions and internal rage are in the psyche. Oh, and I went down into the basement this week, while in deep meditation with my therapist, and it was not pretty. Feeling like the more I delve into the dark recesses of my mind, the more I will find that elephant. :confused:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/sifting-the-evidence/2017/oct/02/fibromyalgia-the-pain-behind-lady-gagas-poker-face#comments (Fibromyalgia: the pain behind Lady Gaga's poker face)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    Kerrj74, Click#7 and Enrique like this.
  2. MissShamrocks

MissShamrocks Peer Supporter

I saw that on IG this morning and thought the same thing. One of the TMS Dr's should reach out to her or someone should send her Steve O's book, Sarno, etc. We feel for her because we KNOW she CAN be helped.

Jules and Enrique like this.
  3. Enrique

Enrique Well known member

Yes. Kinda hard to reach someone like her who probably gets all sorts of offers to "help".

Jules likes this.
  4. MissShamrocks

MissShamrocks Peer Supporter

Yes, and maybe someone has already told her about the TMS theory. I hope she gets the help she needs.

Jules likes this.
  5. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I've seen messages on Twitter of people telling her about TMS and where to get help. Maybe she or someone she knows will see them.

I think people find out about TMS when they are ready for it. At least that was the case for me.

6. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

I knew a summertime waitress at a lodge up at the Sierra crest who described a bout of fibro she had experienced a couple of years before. Turns out that before the fibro, she had been involved in a catastrophic car accident where she had dislocated her arm, broken several ribs and suffered a concussion too. She healed up alright from the accident but several years later following a traumatic divorce from a control freak she developed all over fibromyalgia. In other words, first she had a physical trauma and then following an emotional trauma, she had a bout of severe fibro, from which, she fortunately recovered. However, now she's tough as nails, back at law school, and running 8 miles per diem. But the two-trauma pattern behind the genesis of fibro is clear in her case. Obviously, fibro is not caused by a virus as some pundits would insist.

Let's hope Lady G learns about TMS theory.

I know that I had a traumatic climbing fall accident in 1990 where I shattered my heel, broke my nose and fractured the occipital lobe of my skull. Healed up just fine. But then in 2001, right after the death of my mother and a few weeks after inheriting her house, I developed sciatica that morphed into a so-called herniated disk that led to a catastrophic back attack. Not coincidentally, all the pain was on the same left side as my first injury. The way it comes back is always synchronized with some emotional upset.

MissShamrocks and Jules like this.
  7. Jules

Jules Well known member

I was diagnosed with fibro, as well as costcochondritis, slipping rib syndrome, (tietz syndrome) myofascial pain, IBS, chonic fatigue, mono, shingles, and a bunch more stuff after the traumatic birth of my youngest child and my own near-death experiences, (twice) so I know trauma plays a huge role in TMS.

Click#7 likes this.
  8. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

And what's traumatic varies greatly from individual to individual. What's traumatic for a small child before its 6th birthday is anyone's guess, isn't it? I know a rock climber who fell off a boulder problem down by Stinson Beach when he was around 20 years old. He shattered his leg and exposed the bones and was forced to crawl out of there in the dark up a quarter mile trail to the Pacific Coast Highway to get help. Luckily he survived. Only now when ever he's even slightly stressed he has moments when he becomes completely depressed almost to the point of suicide. Anything it seems can set him off. He even knows why, but can't do anything about it. It's all part of that Two-Trauma Process that Clancy McKenzie, the psychiatrist, writes about. Seems an active principle in PTSD too. Just the way the brain starts acting after being traumatized. Luckily, the climbers friends stand by him and support him. But how long is this gonna go on?