1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Knee pain TMS?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Dfrancks, Sep 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Mtngal

Mtngal Well known member

2. Mtngal

Mtngal Well known member

Oops. I somehow hit the quote thingy by mistake. Your vision of cavemen ( and women) made me laugh. "Back hurt me think disc hurt hunting that saber tooth" ha ha.
    Nice you have that relationship with wife and support.
    Once anything physical / structural has been ruled out then we can go to our minds for the solution to our pain. Prayers to all. Heal well.

SunnyinFL likes this.
  3. SunnyinFL

SunnyinFL Well known member

Hi Dfrancks,

It sounds to me like the popping and clicking sensations are creating fear (not necessarily undermining the diagnosis). As you work the SEP, you'll learn that fear fuels more fear and more symptoms.

The antidote is not to let the popping and clicking scare you. Please realize that success is not based on whether you still have these symptoms; rather, success is not caring. So, another thing you can try is to dismiss and reject the fear that arises when you hear or feel the popping and clicking. You can say things to yourself like, "oh, that's just a little pop - who cares?"; "oh, that's just a little click - who cares?"; "My doctor said it's of no concern and I don't care."

Please also realize that this is a process, be gentle with yourself, allow time for the things that you're learning to sink down into the subconsious - it will as you continue to work the program.

Good luck! Sunny

mike2014 likes this.
  4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Dfrancks. Your Dad is right. You are not in pain because of anything structural. It's from something emotionally bugging you. Maybe it is what is common to most teenagers today... anxiety about the future. But believe me, I'm 85 and have anxieties about my future. I just have to remind myself that I need to "go with the flow." Today at Mass we were reminded of the Bible saying "Keep a sense of humor, even in the most difficult times." They had them then, centuries ago, so we can learn from people back then, that we can laugh our troubles and pain away.

Keep telling yourself that the future is going to be wonderful for you. I'm confident it is going to be. Be sure to do something today that makes you happy.
    Laugh, if you can. At least smile. Smiling often leads to as good a feeling as laughing.

Mtngal and Dfrancks like this.