1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Knee Cartilage ulcer- do you know similar cases?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Sienna, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Sienna

Sienna Well known member

Hello everyone,

I am struggling with my knee and my autonomy is getting more and more limited, to the point I can’t walk or stay standing for a very limited time without pain and inflammation. After 10 months of the first outburst, the pain is becoming more and more debilitating.

The diagnosis is an ulcer on my cartilage that is so deep it might be touching nerves.

Because I have previously healed From other conditions like back pain thanks to the TMS approach, I sometimes wonder if this might be the cause, although it does sound like it is due to physical damage, but I just wanted to check with you in case you had treated patients with similar condition.

I have learnt to feel my emotions and deal with them, and I think that I can detect when I get a psychologically induce symptom, but just wanted to see if you know of cases where this was the condition.

I am a firm believer and supporter of this approach, but the statement that chronic pain that is not from Cancer or a fracture is too wide for me, as I have seen difficult cases around that were physical injuries and not always heal on the expected time.

I look forward to your comments and insight

I thank you in advance

2. BeWell

BeWell Well known member

[Deleted at BeWell's request]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2016
    Sienna likes this.
  3. Sienna

Sienna Well known member

Thank you BeWell for your kind answer.

This pain started nearly 15 years ago after a fall in the mountain.

After 1 month, I resumed activity but the pain had been there for years, after running, biking or skiing... but it the last years got worse and worse.
    They diagnosis that the patella was out of right track and therefore cartilage tear was getting worse.

Last year the pain started after some squats and the Doctor said that we had irritated the ulcer.
    The thing is that is limitating me too mmuch.

I think I ccan identify tms but in this case it does relate to physical movement and mainly weight.
    I can walk more in the pool that out of it without pain...

I wish it was TMS as the surgery options do not guarantee improvement, and I read that the ability of cartilage tissue to regenerate is vry poor, as it does not have blood vessels.

Another reason why I doubt it can be tms, as we know how tms generates pain on mucles and nerves, but on cartilage tissuee???

4. BeWell

BeWell Well known member

Sienna likes this.
  5. Sienna

Sienna Well known member

Thank you BeWell,

Yes it makes sense, apparently there is an ulcer on my cartilage that gets irritated with some exercises, but... can it last for months? this is my question
    also I know how TMS works with blood deprivation, but Cartilage does not have blood vessels therefore the theory would not apply...

I do believe in the natural ability of the body for restoration, but reading about cartilage seems like it is a lost battle...

6. BeWell

BeWell Well known member

Sienna likes this.
  7. Sienna

Sienna Well known member

I am doubtful as it is very spot concentrated and real, not as tms which might be difuse

8. BeWell

BeWell Well known member

Sienna likes this.