1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Kicked butt the past few days

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by North Star, Apr 26, 2014.

1. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

These past few days have been busy! I started a junk removal/ organizing service business a few months ago and the work has been flowing in. It's been great. I've been a stay at home mom for the past 20 years so this earning money is definitely a new thing for me. (Well, I write too but the pay for that is nominal usually.)

Anyway. One client is a woman with a host of TMS ailments. On the drive over there, I give myself a good cheerleading session about how strong I am and how I'm going to serve this woman and bring great joy and strength to her.

And then I go work my butt off. I jump up before she can grab a box and tell her, "My back is strong…I got this." More than once, she's cried when I say encouraging things to her.

Little does she know, I'm talking to myself too. And while my back is doing well, I am still dealing with other issues that give pain. But I've been able to WORK THROUGH IT….which is pretty amazing considering the past few weeks I've had.

Today's job was huge. A total clean out of a mobile home. Really, really heavy stuff. I passed on some of the heavier stuff but worked like an ox. The ox is sore right now but it's a good sore.

I love that I'm getting paid to push TMS aside. It's a wonderful, empowering thing.

And once again, thanks to all of you here. You are such a loving, accepting community.

With love,
    NorthStar

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

North Star, congratulations on the new business. I bet you get lots of it. So many people
    haven't a clue as how to clear out the unwanted stuff in their homes and lives.

The work brings in money and keeps you busy so you don't think about pain.

3. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

I love this story! Your enthusiasm is bouncing off the screen!!:singing::singing:

4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

I love this North Star. You have sowed good seed and you have used your faith and hope. You have a good heart and your fruits of the spirit are going off the scale. The law of attraction is all on your business. Keep it going strong by just knowing it is already going strong. Always expect a good harvest. You are doing awesome....:)

I love this method North Star. You are the perfect person for the Job for sure, your heart is in the right place.

You are an inspiration already to your clients. You are building great rapport and showing enthusiasm. I'm sure the ones you work for see your glow.

You are walking the walk and talking the talk. Strong encouragement for us all. Thank You so much for all you do.

Yes, getting your mind on other things will help you push this tms to the side for sure. I really like your outlook. This is also a great tool for anyone to use.

Thank you North Star for your story of endurance, enthusiasm and perseverance. Your faith is reaching me through your post. AWESOME
    Bless You

5. North Star

Thank you so much for your warm hearted reply….as always, Herbie. I hear your soft Georgia drawl talking to me whenever I read your posts.

Bless you!

6. North Star

I missed your replies, nowtimecoach and Walt…sorry! I've been busy the past few days so I'm just now catching up on posts.

Thank you so much for your kind words. And Walt, you're right. Many, many people are drowning in STUFF and they don't know where to begin. I often think of the Laura Ingalls Wilder books and her description of their very spartan (I don't think this can be understated) homes. Her ma had a glass figurine of a woman that they would put on the mantle of their fireplace. They knew their house was a "home" when that came out.

Our affluenza has robbed from the simple joys of a small item.

Anyway, it is rewarding work. :)

7. sewmuch

sewmuch Member

North Star,

Very cool to hear what you are doing and how you are doing it. I think cleaning out is so renewing - donating, recycling, clearing out physical and mental space. Letting go of things and thoughts you no longer need. Having too much stuff mentally and physically weighs us down and is "costly" to maintain in the figurative and literal sense.

I try too to give people positive messages who are down about their health, have what appears to be TMS, have been told by the doctors they are broken and must have surgery and meds. It is hard because the door has not been opened for them that they have the keys and can help themselves feel and be so much better. It is amazing when you hear others' conversations in public how much revolves around their health, doctor visits and what is wrong.

Keep doing what you are doing, feeling great, being active and living positively.

North Star likes this.
  8. North Star

You're right, Sewmuch. I look at decluttering as spiritual work. It does SO much good for a person.

And yeah, health talk dominates so many conversation. A socially acceptable way of seeking connection through our pain.