1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Keeping Symptom From Returning

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Marytabby, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Marytabby

Marytabby Peer Supporter

Hi,
    I am on day 15 of SEP, and I do notice days where my pelvic pain is less, or it comes and goes. Good news. I have been doing TMS work since 2005 so I'm very familiar with the work. My question is.... once you get a symptom under control, so in my case, pelvic/urinary pain, what is the key to keeping it from (hopefully) coming back? I assume it's knowing what my triggers are. The tough part of this is that just because I'm getting the symptoms to calm down, it doesn't mean I necessarily know what triggers it to begin with. I've had this TMS issue before 3 years ago and now it's back so clearly I did not get to the bottom of what is triggering me. With all the journaling I'm doing in the SEP, I can't say for sure which person, issue or situation from my past triggered this current flare up. What I can say is that my pelvic/vaginal issues are ALWAYS brought on by sexual activity. So knowing surely that sex is THE trigger, how can I PREVENT the next flare up? I have no idea what is in my subconscious that is triggering a pattern with sex. I just know that sex IS the trigger. I hope I'm making sense. If I don't know WHY sex triggers it, then how can I keep it from happening again? Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Are you able to work with a therapist? Sounds like this could be very helpful in understanding your issues and how to work through them.

3. Marytabby

Marytabby Peer Supporter

I am willing to, the issue is finding one who takes Harvard Pilgrim insurance. I always end up paying out of pocket when they don't accept insurance.