1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 Keep on Searching

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by samuelrhys, Sep 28, 2015.

1. samuelrhys

samuelrhys Peer Supporter

Are you having success at recognizing the emotions connected to your pain? If you have, how do these emotions make you feel? If not, what do you think is preventing you from doing this?

I don't think so because I have had so many past events which relate to why I have TMS, so I am continuing searching and writing, today I wrote a letter to the man who mugged me on new years day 2012 in manchester I actually forgot all about this! Today I had some upper back pain which was trying to nag at me all day, I'm learning not to stress too much about it, though I am not sure why this has appeared.

Hope you guys had a good day!

Sam

SunnyinFL and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. Hi Sam,

I'm on day 16 and I am not 100% sure what emotions or events have contributed to my symptoms (sciatica). However I do have what I consider to be a chronic heartache wherein my mother has advanced MS and I have been gradually mourning her loss for many years. I thought I had a handle on this as I do get upset about it from time to time. But it was during a journaling exercise where I was writing her a letter than I realised that I am overwhelmed with sorrow about the situation. I have found the journaling exercises to be very interesting and even basic things have thrown up feelings that I had underestimated. If you are struggling with things to add to your TMS lists (as I was initially) and something pops into your head (no matter how insignificant you might feel it is) you should add it. I wasn't doing this at first and was struggling to add more things to the list. I read on here somewhere that you should add whatever comes to mind, which I have done and I have been surprised by the results.

I have pain every morning and I have to try and not let it get me down, when it does I tend to have a bad day (physically and mentally). I think consciously trying to start each day on a positive note is important. Anyway these are the things that seem to help me the most so far.

Good luck.
    Sheena

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. samuelrhys

samuelrhys Peer Supporter

Hi Sheena,

Thanks for the reply :) Thats helped me a lot I shall take this advice and use it! I now have a rather large headache for the past few days which is getting me quite down. Hopefully it will go soon. Glad you are finding some progress!