1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Keep going..

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by leengus, Feb 13, 2019.

1. leengus

leengus Newcomer

I'm from Toronto.I'm new to this forum in the sense posting. Two years back I had an accident, my upper body got a severe injury. I had two surgeries to cure my legs and ilium. Later for the rehabilitation, I have been through continuous therapy for the entire year.
    Therapy was surprisingly effective, God’s Grace.
    I'm getting better with time. Now, I'm able to do my daily works on my own.
    My main issue was the strong urge to urinate, sometimes it was out of control! I literally overcame such tragic conditions through pelvic floor physiotherapy. I'm still continuing it as I haven't yet get rid of the pain completely(It is not regular).
    Now, I only go to the clinic for 3-4 times per month. Occasionally I use an electrical stimulation device at home to train my pelvic floor muscles as per my doc's prescription. I thought of sharing my experience here. I want to let people realize that the pain you're suffering will heal gradually and stay strong.
    Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2019
  2. Rosebud

Rosebud Peer Supporter

I love how you put a positive spin on that! I used to feel sorry for myself because I had to see the physiotherapist almost every week!

3. KevinMartilloViner

KevinMartilloViner Peer Supporter

This could help

https://audioboom.com/posts/7173184-057-kevin-martillo-viner-phd?fbclid=IwAR1CxclQBTuxw9OumREHNhwRIcY_2wKTHcUQa5bW77_fiUvHT897Bv7T8NA (Audioboom / 057 - Kevin Martillo Viner, PhD)