1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 KC

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Tiramisu77, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Tiramisu77

Tiramisu77 New Member

I read the first personal story. I am in awe that he was able to recover so quickly and fully given his difficulties. I am becoming tearful and feeling vulnerable as I venture down this road. I realize I am struggling with trusting hope. At this point, after so many years, and so much effort given to trying to figure this out, it doesn't seem that it is possible. I've applied hope to so many different treatment modalities. I've tried every angle, it seems. Hope is a great motivator and energizer; but something I have lost along the way. Intellectually, I understand the theory and believe the approach could work; however, emotionally, it is hard to fully believe. Obviously given my tears, I want to trust.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

I've been there, Tiramisu! Yet I think hope is what keeps us alive. It's what prompted me to keep searching for something that worked, even after two years of trying everything the medical gurus suggested.
    If you take a scientific approach, what do you have to lose by working the SEP, or trying Dr. Sarno's books? The SEP is available to all here on the TMSwiki. Unlike medical procedures, this one is no cost. So in my mind, you have everything to gain!
    The hardest step is "accepting the diagnosis" as Dr. Sarno says. When I first read his book Healing Bakc Pain, I knew that I had TMS.
    Blessings on your journey!

3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

You can trust, there are different types of hope. There is the human hope that often if not always disappoints. Its when we say "I sure hope so" Then there is the hope that you think its supposed to happen and sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't then there is another hope that you use just enough to keep you going with open eyes and heart to whats real and truth. We have a religion hope that can heal or disappoint. The real truth is you were born with the mind to heal your own ills and pains. You have hope in that and you will get better. Its about taking all your hurts and letting them go. Taking all your anger and fear and letting it go till you come to a land of peace. All truth always has been in your calm - relaxed tranquil thoughts. The more you worry and stress the more you hurt. The more you soothe, the more you will get better. Gigi gave awesome advice as always. Hope to see you aboard and healing soon.
    Bless you