1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Juts got a terrible neck spasm. Could use some words of encouragement:

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by avik, Jun 29, 2017.

1. avik

avik Well known member

I feel like I'm always the one talking people down regarding spasms and I just got a nasty neck torque not ten minutes ago.

I have been under TREMENDOUS stress over the past couple of days and certainly today.
    I am really upset this just happened...this might ruin my entire weekend plans.

Its so sharp I can barely look up at the screen.

I know I am supposed to calm myself down, talk to it, not rub it, etc...but I am just really upset right now. Hard to get my bearings.

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Avik,

Sorry this has happened. I know how hard relapses are to deal with. I would just offer my encouragement to you to not catastrophize about it. That will only feed it and prolong it. Try to practice outcome independence.

I know you know all the right strategies to use. Even those of us who know these things, can get a relapse. As you state, you are under a lot of stress. So the message is to attend to your emotional/psychological state and be extra good to yourself.

Hope you get through this quickly.

3. avik

avik Well known member

Thanks Ellen.

I definitely was about to lose it there for a moment because I got comfortable in not having spasms for so long that when this happened, I was like "what the f....!".
    It just feels very unfair as I have so much to do before the weekend BUT-
    I am trying my best to relax, talk to myself kindly and not be outcome dependent.