1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Just wondering

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Benny562562, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Benny562562

Benny562562 Peer Supporter

I'm a newbie on this forum and Tms, I'm on day 3 of the SEP. do symptoms go away slowly or in some people,do they go away all the sudden? I know this is a journey,every morning I wake up I feel really down,but support from tmsers and this forum has given me optimism to a recovery

2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Benny,

welcome to the forum, that's great news you are working through the SEP. I know the typical TMS'er obsesses over the how and when they will be healed, I know I've asked the same questions. But try not to add addional pressure or stress by focusing on this, it can in fact slow down your healing.

Try to stay positive and focuss on what you enjoy and not to let TMS absorb you. I know it's easier said than done, but when you pay it less attention the pain does reduce somewhat.

Have you incorporated meditation, self talk, or EFT in your daily routine yet?

All the best

3. Benny562562

Benny562562 Peer Supporter

Hi Mike,I have started meditating, used eft before,but never found success using it,maybe I need to try again. This Tms is all new to me,feel overwhelmed and like I have to spend a lot of time doubt research and reading about it In order to recover. Did u do the sep?

4. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

I think that's the problem we all share, we all feel overwhelmed, lost and not in control when we develop symptoms. I agree, it is a scary place and we do internalise, read masses of material. That's just our obsessive nature.

With that said, I am working through Dr Schubiners online programme, but the SEP is similar. I know with TMS we are all different in our make up and one size doesn't necessarily fit all.

If I were you, I would try not to move from one programme or method to the next, but rather to pick a programme and add meditation and EFT and do it routinely. But, remember don't beat yourself up if you've missed a day.

You won't see change over night, but it will come with time. Again, try and be kinder and more gentle to yourself. The more you worry the more intense the pain cycle will be. I would also look at some of the success stories within this forum, there is a wealth of knowledge and the community is very welcoming and helpful.

Best regards

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
    JanAtheCPA and Benny562562 like this.
  5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi again, Benny. I like Mike's advice. Stick with just one program and see if SEP helps you. I also like tapping.
    There are some excellent videos about tapping on YouTube.

When you feel overwhelmed by the pain or any aspect of TMS or anything that troubles you, try deep breathing and meditation.
    And feed your mind a strong positive mantra such as "I am feeling better all the time and I believe 100 percent in TMS emotions causing my pain."

6. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Dont try to do anything just be.