1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S. (New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 Just want to post daily

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by how_to_feel_emotions, Sep 7, 2021.

1. Hi SEP-subforum,

I write everything relating to the SEP down in my notebook, and I want to use this subforum as a way of checking of when I did the exercises, and to ramble my thoughts a bit. So this is mainly for myself to read back :)

Every time I read more about the symptoms of TMS and the causes of it, I am getting increasingly certain that my pain is mind-induced. I have learnt that this is a natural process of the body. I think I have learnt over time that feeling emotions is bad, and somehow threatens my existence; and that therefore, my body shifts attention from these unwanted emotions to physical symptoms like a stiff back/neck, an aching pain in my middle back. I do heavy workouts, and while I do them I have no trouble at all and feel no pain. That in my opinion is a good indicator that there is nothing wrong with my back.

Checking off day 3

2. Hedger

Hedger Well known member

There you go! Good insights already