1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Just started TMS program but I need some help and suggestions

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stubbins7856, Aug 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. stubbins7856

stubbins7856 New Member

I have had severe forearm pain (RSI) in both of my arms for the last three years. My only conclusion that seems logical is that I have TMS. Although I just said it seems logical it is still tough for me to accept the diagnosis. I have already started the educational recovery program, read and reread the mind-body prescription by Dr. Sarno, started reading the great pain deception by Steven Ozanich, and researched as much information as I can on TMS.

The last four days which is when I have really started to give a lot of effort into the TMS program, I have noticed a reduction in my pain and it gave me a lot of confidence in the diagnosis but it is still hard for me to fully accept that this could be in my head (I know the pain is real but the reason is in my head). Feeling confident, I jumped on my computer two days ago and played a video game for about 45 minutes. Today I did the same thing for 45 minutes. On both occasions I noticed that my pain worsened and stayed that bad until the next day. This has gotten me worried. Is it just the fear that is turning into pain when I get on the computer? Should I try to get on the computer again for a short time and continue this or should I stop? I also played tennis today and my left arm which is my dominant arm now hurts more after playing tennis. Should I try to push through or should I give it a break? I don't want to go backwards in my treatment. Any suggestions and advice would be great!

Check out my other post on my profile if you want to know more detailed information about my forearm pain and what I have done.

Thank you so much,
    stubbins7856