1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Just saying "hi!"

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Mad, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Mad

Mad Peer Supporter

It's been a long time since I've dropped into the forum. I just realized that tonight, and how important it is.

I'm not 100%. And I'm OK with that....it'll happen in due time. We're going through a tough spot. Hubby lost his job, and I'm trying to get a new position at work. But- nearly every day I'm learning how to live a little better.

I'm learning to be more financially responsible, to be a better employee, wife, mother and friend. I'd tried doing these things before, but out of desperation, and THAT'S what made the difference. My attitude, my outlook, my constant sense of doom. Even when I'm stressed now (which I have been) I'm able to really believe that everything is alright, and I have to hold up my end...and in time, everything will be better.

I still have fleeting bouts of pain, anxiety, depression...but they don't get to beat me down anymore.

Best wishes to you all!

2. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

Nice post Mad. Best of luck with everything!

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Mad. It's understandable why you have pain, anxiety, and depression. Finances and job loss and job stress are common causes of TMS symptoms. You are are not alone! Your upbeat attitude will help you to be well and happy again. Strongly believe in a positive future. Your hubby will get a new job and it will be a better one than before.

4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Heh, I wish I could address you with a different name - because how things have changed for you! It's great to hear this, because I think that this mindset is exactly what it takes to get your life back from TMS. I often say that I experience at least 90% recovery most of the time, 100% some of the time, and that there are times when I feel like I'm having a setback - but the symptoms simply do not cause fear or anxiety anymore. I know it's TMS, I know it's a totally normal brain mechanism, and that I just need to get back to being more mindful of my thoughts and unconscious reactions.

Thank you for posting! :)

~Jan