1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 11 Just read 'armchair linguist'

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by samantha, Mar 20, 2014.

1. samantha

samantha Peer Supporter

Armchair linguist related her RSI journey. Although I was not diagnosed with RSI, something she said rang several bells. She said she had a bout with depression. When she was out of the depression she began to have pain! I have had several bouts with clinical depression when I was in my 30's and 40's. When I reached 50 years old, I felt emotionally strong, able to function well. That's when the muscle spasms in my lower back began. I haven't been clinically depressed since then, but the spasms have worsened. Truth be told, it's more acceptable in my family and in my social circles to be physically, rather than emotionally limited. I'm beginning to understand that I've traded one hell for another. I'm working on this program, journaling, educating myself and determined that I do not have to swing between pain and depression. My pain, which was constant, is not completely gone, but I have more confidence in my body and hope!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm glad you have your confidence Samantha -- that is so important. You are doing great with your post and learnings.
    Continue to keep us posted so we can continue to help each other. The more you post your story
    the more you help all of us in our wisdom and direction.
    Thank You