1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Just made Day 37 for the Program

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Forest, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey Everyone,

I spent some time today adding a new day to the TMS program. I wanted to focus on the work Dr. Zafirides does with Existential psychotherapy in regards to treating PPD. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts about it, so feel free to let me know if we should make any changes. Better yet feel free to make the changes yourself! The program is a community project so anyone can add to it or adjust it. BTW, we probably want to add a brief intro to the page as well. If any of you have any ideas feel free to write something up and add it to the beginning of the page.

Best,

Forest

veronica73 likes this.
  2. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

Great stuff! It's comforting to know everyone thinks about these core issues.

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I just listened to that podcast today, Forest, before I saw this - and BTW, I'm impressed by how you keep adding to the SEP. Anyway, I loved the podcast, sent it to a friend, and I also signed up for Dr. Z's newsletter. I love listening to his topics - it's like personal psychotherapy.

4. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

It seems to me that you might want to journal on Dr. Zafirides' four core existential issues - meaning, death, freedom, and isolation - as interrelated dialectical pairs, hence:

meaning/death

freedom/isolation

Or maybe reverse them? death/meaning, isolation/freedom? Or even, death/isolation and meaning/freedom?

In any case, those core issues certainly have a way of interacting and making psychic sparks fly!