1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Just finished my third wk of SEP

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Shori, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Shori

Shori Peer Supporter

Hi guys,

Time for an update. As always thank you for your support that has got me so far.

I have now completed 3 weeks of SEP and things have definitely improved. I'm sleeping better, able to sit for a longer duration, running again (just cant believe this part dancea) and doing things that I used to shy away from earlier. Though I still have pain during all these activities, it is not something I can't cope with. I'm really satisfied with the progress I have made so far....

This is slowly starting to be a life changer for me. There are some days when pain shoots up, but I keep telling myself thats the mind loosing its grip on me. Its a sign I'm winning.

I still can't bend fwd and even attempt to touch my toes without a lot of pain. But, then a month ago I was afraid of even attempting to run...I'm sure I will eventually get there. I have to, this works....:happy:

jaumeb likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Shori. I'm glad to read that you feel you are improving and feeling less pain. And that when there is pain, you know why it is there, because of TMS. You don't mention discovering any emotions or character traits, but I believe you are. Keep doing that in the rest of the SEProgram. It's wonderful that you are running again, no matter how far or long. That should be a great morale booster.