1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

JOYCE MEYERS WORDS OF WISDOM

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021), Oct 22, 2013.

1. nancy

nancy Well known member

2. nancy

nancy Well known member

Hi Walt, so sorry I missed your calls today. I had my phone off as I had several appointments today and as you
    probably know they ask you to shut you cell off. I turned it back on at around 8 pm pacific time. I can appreciate the
    fact that you were on the phone while being a journalist. I was always on the phone taking registrations for a dancing
    career and then in my nursing yrs, always on the phone with Dr's/families. Glad you appreciated the birthday parties!
    They were so important to me also. They continue to be. It is just an appreciation for what they give me. I will try to
    call you tomorrow, if I can't reach you I will try again. Have a great night and God Bless! Nancy

3. nancy

nancy Well known member

I was going to call you today as I have been waiting to talk to you so much. I have a nasty cold and sore
    throat so I will save that until tomorrow or the next day when I'm feeling comfortable to talk. I have
    followed your post, respect is what I find. Nancy

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Nancy, you can call me at 224-260-8064, Chicago Central daylight time so when
    it's 3 pm here it's probably 5 pm in California.

5. nancy

nancy Well known member

Hi Walt, thank you. I am still trying to stop coughing and have my voice return
    to normal. Saw my Doc yesterday and am taking just cough meds and some
    advil for headache relief brought on from coughing so darn much! I will check
    on the time difference before I call. You had mentioned Ca. I live in T.N. Might
    just be a 1 hr difference? God Bless and hope you are feeling really well. I am
    on the mend, talk to you very soon, Thanks, Nancy

6. nancy

nancy Well known member

I hope to speak with you tomorrow, I really need to speak with you. You are so
    encouraging and just so inspirational. You are so special, my friend. Nancy

7. nancy

nancy Well known member

Thank you Walt for calling. I was so inspired that someone cared as much as you.
    I am not the person who wishes someone to feel sorry for me, never did. I did what I
    believed in life, things just turned out badly. You encouraged me to move on, I hope we
    can speak often. You are a great man, know this because you are. God Bless You, Nancy

8. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

This is awesome Nancy, im glad you got hope and encouragement from Walt
    He's helped me a lot.

Are you over that cough?

How are you coming with the Sarno program?

Have you been doing your daily meditations?

Get me up-dated ok, id like to guide you some on your path.

Bless you.

9. nancy

nancy Well known member

Hi Eric, thanks buddy for writing tonight. I have gained so much from this forum and
    especially from you and Walt. I can feel myself becoming stronger and learning all you
    have taught me to do. I am working hard but not too hard to recover from this leg pain.
    Rose, (RG) has also been so helpful as has Montana Mom. Just keep guiding me on this
    journey so I can become whole once again without the pain. Love Ya. Nancy

10. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Ok cool , im so glad you are doing good on the journey
    I know times can get rough but the pay off is wonderful.

So can you tell me your daily protocol.
    like mine is getting hope thoughts upon awakening and then either exercise
    or meditation - not in a particular order their.
    Then work and rest and relaxation.

I've been reading some Abraham low that is so cool.
    So yea, I try to keep up with those words and thoughts that create and heal ya know.

Im always working to try and better today , I compare it to nothing.
    I just enjoy it to the full with walks in the nature and patience-
    practice with self control and practice over my thoughts.

If you can tell me maybe I can help guide you some what better since its been
    a couple weeks now, or ill see it and say your doing it all great as I know you already are.

The point is to see if I can add value to an already perfect day.

Bless you

11. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

Hi, Nancy and Walt and Eric,
    Nancy, I just wanted you to know I started the Unlearn Your Pain workbook
    yesterday by Dr. Howard Schubiner. I feel in 1 day, it has really helped. Maybe,
    because I finally started journaling. I feel like something was lifted from me
    today. Something just clicked when I was reading and doing the exercises
    in the book.

I was doing fairly good for a long time but then in the beginning of October when
    my son left to take a job out of state and my daughter for the first time went away
    to college my symptoms started to intensify. Then, I went to a TMS doctor
    who was excellent and then my symptoms really started to intensify and they
    shifted from my sciatica and buttock to a stiff neck and pain radiating down my
    neck. I could not even drive for the past three weeks which has been difficult.

Today, I started realizing the reason why the pain got so intensified because it
    was being used as a defense mechanism so I would not look at my repressed
    emotions. I really dug into Unlearn Your Pain yesterday and today was the
    first time I went for three little car drives, around the corner. It was so exciting I did
    this with very little pain. I have to say I was delightfully surprised.

Nancy, I would highly recommend the book and maybe we could touch base this
    week about it.
    G.R.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  12. Eric "Herbie" Watson

G.R this is so good to hear, im glad its all working together for you.
    I love Dr. Shubiner, he's just good at explaining the problem ya know.

I've had about three incidents now that this knowledge therapy has pulled me out of-
    aint it so good to know-:)

Your the best GR,
    A real Rose for sure-
    Bless you.

13. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

GR, that's great. You're driving again. Little by little you'll be Queen of the Road.

No wonder you felt new TMS pain, from both of your kids leaving the nest.
    But think how great it is for them, to fly on their own.

I hope you and Nancy can share experiences and healing techniques.
    It's great that you got to know each other. Exchange email addresses so you
    can have private chats.

Unlearn Your Pain sounds great. I'm going to get a copy.
    I like to write about books like that, posting summaries on the forum.

Joyce Meyer has become one my favorite body-mind-spirit gurus.
    She is full of everyday living wisdom.

14. nancy

nancy Well known member

Hey there Eric, happy to hear from you! I have been following my am ritual of
    visualization ( a happy time) in my life and the mornings are getting a little
    better. It doesn't always work but I do see improvements and I thank you. Well
    I start out my day by reading and rereading Sarno's books, then on to listening
    to Dr Shubiners (Unlearn your pain) audio. Daily chores usually come next and this
    is where the pain comes in. The back of r leg, pain moving around a lot, even to lower
    leg and heels. I'll stop and do one some reading on the forum and listen to Dr Z for a
    while. I know I must be so sensitized that is a definite as I always have pain in the
    grocery store, Lowes, really freaky! I just try to breath and focus. I know I am definetly
    depressed, is this all a part of tms? The pain started 8 yrs ago in my feet when we were
    getting ready to move, I became anxious and I guess in my heart I really didn't want to
    leave where I was raised or leave my sons who were in their mid twenties. My husband had
    been layed off and offered a great job in N.C. The move turned out to be a disaster with
    overwhelming stress as my elderly mom moved with us. We moved back home within
    1yr, then my youngest son joined the army out of Fort Cambell and spent almost 2 yrs
    in Iraq, worst time of my life, I spent the nights with my cell in hand always waiting for
    his call and praying that no one would show up at my house with bad news. My nerves were
    shot. You know what happened next so I won't get in to that. My younger yrs I realize now
    through journaling where also spent in tension with a very strict Dad and a Mom who was
    not capable of nurturing. I know I'm whining, just offer me any of all the great thoughts you
    have, Love ya buddy!! Nancy

15. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Hi, Nancy.
    You're not whining. Just venting. haha.

So you recall tat your parents were very strict and your mother was not capable
    of nurturing. My thinking is, she was probably full of TMS, and for reasons you
    may never have known. Everyone at one time or other takes their frustrations or anger
    out on someone else, often on those they love.

Maybe think through those long-ago situations and then once you tell yourself they
    are causing your pain, forgive them. Put the past to rest. To forgive is divine.
    Chocolate ice cream is too, and hugging your three dogs.

16. nancy

nancy Well known member

Hi Walt, so glad to hear from you. My Mom was an only child, born to Veroine Vestoff
    and Sonia Serova of NYC. Very famous ballet masters. You can look it up if you wish to. They
    danced all over the world, Russia especially. My Mom was an only child, boarding schools,
    etc, maids. My life was not like that. My Dad was raised in an orphanage because his dad could
    not afford taking care of 6 children, his Mom died at child birth with her 6th child. I have forgiven
    my parents believe me. I can appreciate that they can not give what they never had. I love them both
    even tho they are deceased now, my Mom passed this April at 97 yrs old. I know they had a good life.
    My Dad did not pass until he was 92. They took away so much but gave so much wisdom. That is
    your gift Walt. I thank and respect you fully, Nancy

17. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Hey Nancy keep hanging with Dr. Sarnos two or three pages a day and Dr. Shubiners ok
    I can tell your really reconditioning and this is very important at this phase.
    This level of knowledge therapy will help you as the weeks pass and you go to your next phase
    Your next phase will be more in control but it will have its own questions to ponder.

Remember also you will have up and down days ok so expect to feel better now and soon you'll start to feel better.
    You don't have to always work through pain, you will still heal nicely.
    But at this time if you have a down day, still smile anyway- it has a way of bringing back your joy.
    You are sensitized ya know, hence the reconditioning but you have Claire Weekes right ?
    So you got that covered, the sensitization.

Reconditioning to me is the most important phase as this is when you learn of all that you've been unaware of and it
    becomes Awareness.

You have some more pep in your step and things have changed
    so at this time you did admit the Depression and I know with all you've been through
    its hard but this is when you dig your heals in ya know.
    Tms thinks you want to be depressed and give up-
    well now you can know its wile so you can reverse this thought pattern.

The Tms part of you looking for happiness in a misguided fashion.
    This id part doesn't think you want to heal so its going to help the tms give you pain ,
    hurt and more depression

Its like being hurt and someone thinks its for your best,
    I can tell that you have took back control of your thinking-
    and that's the first step you have to do through reconditioning
    Staying aware of your personality traits and learn to recondition the negative ones.
    Which is what your doing.

Its not our fault cause we have these negative traits
    Were born with them and we do the best we can,
    we all go through hard times and its how we come out of them that make us who we are today.
    A winner in control and happy with life, always joyful and finding that joy in the middle
    of a long walk or on the face of a little child, that child is you ya know-
    This happiness that we see in the world comes from within us.

Also remember depression is an emotion that we think about over and over so
    when we constantly bombard ourselves with those things we don't want to do-
    like all the fun stuff in life and then start doing them on purpose, the depression will leave for sure- remember that.

So go and keep fighting this good fight, smile on purpose and seek destiny and purpose
    This is your life and your the Captain, so when you get all well, the ship will roll well.
    I wish you a beautiful day, bless you

PS- You remember to always think your totally well in the now, in the present- Right Now
    and it will help you heal more efficient.

18. nancy

nancy Well known member

Hi Erik, I responded to you on the post (Your words create emotions). Nancy

19. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Herbie, you're right about being positive and happy, to drive away depression.

"Herbie Poppins." There are worse names to be called.

20. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Herbie Poppins:)
    Sounds cool Walt
    Ill take it.