1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Journey (for gamers)

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Gigalos, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Everybody that owns a Playstation 3, buy the game "Journey". If you don't own one, buy one :)
    I am not financially involved or anything, but man what a great game this is to quiet down and live in the moment. It is a really positive emotion driven game, in which you can't die. No aggression at all, just discovering a beautiful world accompanied by beautiful music. The journey stands for the journey of life with all its ups and down, but that is a personal opinion; growing up, finding out your purpose in life till you eventually die and reach Walhalla. The reincarnation lovers should really love the fact that once you reached Walhalla the journey starts all over again. To top this game off there is the possibility to play with another, anonymous player. The only way to interact is by moving about and pitching sounds to each other, which is really fun to do. Doing the journey with a companion doubles the pleasure to finish it, you don't know the person but there is this bond that is formed automatically. I almost had to cry last time I played and we entered Walhalla, that should say enough... Everybody should be able to gain something positive from this game.

If anyone knows some more games (any platform) that work well for the typical TMS'er, please contribute...

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Gigalos. I'm no into electronic games but it's good to know about one that helps to quiet down the player and so
    they can live in the moment. And to discover a beautiful world with beautiful music. Too bad the message of the ending isn't realistic,
    but we can't have everything.

3. 575

575 Peer Supporter

I'm also glad to see another video game enthusiast here.
    Personally I haven't tried out Journey yet but I played Flower and it's really relaxing (except certain levels).

Like I said I'm into videogames and also love to watch lots of series and movies (Don't worry, I workout 3x a week).
    Guess where my TMS pain lies, my buttocks. I also had a Sinus Pilonidalis (fistula at the tailbone) one year before my TMS pain started which was also over a year ago. Perfect disguise, I guess.

4. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Flower is from the same maker :)
    One of the rewards in Journey you get for meditating (sitting) quietly together for at least 20 seconds... try to explain that to another player when you cannot chat with him or her.

My video gaming habits change in time. At my max some years ago I played 20-30 hours a week, nowadays it is more like 5 hours a week, if at all. I decided to buy a PS3 to not have to sit in front of a PC, as I do that all day at work. Staying physically active is important indeed. I used to get all the usual TMS symptoms like neck, upper back, lower back in the past. My right buttock is one of the remainders that isn't completely gone yet.

5. 575

575 Peer Supporter

Glad to hear you recovered from some of your symptoms.
    I started working on my TMS about 4 weeks ago and I will try to maintain my positive mood and try to do what I love the most (which is SITTING a lot in front of my computer - n_n)
    I've already noticed that sleeping feels much better. I also used to have the sore feeling in my butt a few minutes after I got up from my chair back then but I don't have that anymore either.