1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

JOURNALING

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Boston Redsox, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

I FEEL ITS A GREAT TOOL TO GET OUT ALL YOUR THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS SPILL THEM OUT ON THE PAGE....BUT GOD ONCE YOU DO THIS SAY AFTER A MONTH ENOUGH IS ENOUGH LET MOVE ON TO THE HEALING.....THIS CAN BE SUCH A GREAT TOOL BUT ALSO A MAJOR CRUTCH?

ANY THOUGHTS TMS FAMILY

MARCO

SORRY FOR THE BOLD LETTERS CANT FIND MY GLASSES LOL

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Marco. I agree with you. A month of journaling can be exhausting. Sometimes I find it best to just practice deep breathing and laughing.
    The emotional stresses and pain go away. Dr. Sarno and others say don't spend more than half an hour a day even thinking about TMS.
    Spend more time relaxing, enjoying yourself. Steve Ozanich played golf, despite feeling pain.

My book with Eric Watson, GOD DOES NOT WANT YOU TO BE IN PAIN, has lots of techniques for healing from TMS. Some of them may be just rifght for you. And the success subforum has more.

3. Markus

Markus Guest

I journal daily but not for tms. I do have tms journal but it didn't have a structure to it. I wrote down random thoughts along with anger. I am not sure it helped.
    But I don't suppose it would hurt to start over!

4. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

I would say at the beginning there is usually alot of emotional work to do, as we are exploring all of the past events. But as you move forward, into the now, there should be less and even fewer stressors in the future, as we become more grounded in the now.

I think, although you have had a mass emotional clear out and it has proven exhausting, it was very healthy to do so and you've probably identified some important aspects and traits which prevent you from being happy.

I would say, not to put so much pressure on yourself, you are doing a great job on all accounts Marco. Try to ease up and focuss on the aspects that make you truly happy. Focusing purely on TMS work can be exhausting and make one feel negative and hopeless sometimes. An important factor I'm finding, is to to try and make sure I have more happy moments within my day, than negative ones, even without full quality of life.

5. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Walt

Thx so much for the heads up i will checkout your book. Mike Markus thx u both for your thoughts also.

I am pretty much done with that aspect of tms healing. I pretty much have a handle on my triggers and what still causes my anger to boil. But i try not tonreact but to respond when i am better able to.

I am not looking for happiness anymore threw my ego meaning looking for approval from anybody especially my so called room mate ( my wife) i need to look deeper for the simpler pleasures in life like the sunrise the smell of coffee things like that. Well thats where i am starting and yes forgiveness to myself and others.

God bless you all

mike2014 and Markus like this.