1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Journaling question

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by SSS, Dec 11, 2021.

1. SSS

SSS Peer Supporter

I'm on day 6 of the structured education program and am working on the journaling prompts. I'm wondering, are these prompts asking how I feel now or how I felt when the event occurred? What is more important to focus on? Thanks.

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

Why not address both. It will give you some great in-sites.
    How did you feel about the situation when it happened?
    How do you feel about it now?
    Have you intellectualized or rationalized things over time? These are defenses that can “protect you” from feeling those initial emotions (in exactly the same way pain is a repression or defense mechanism). Can you see how the past events and emotions may relate to situations in your life now even if they seem unrelated on the surface? The subconscious mind does not know the passing of time.
    Journalling is a lot of connecting the dots overtime, awareness, seeing patterns where we once didn’t.

SSS likes this.
  3. SSS

SSS Peer Supporter

Thanks, these are good ideas.