1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Journaling - dialogue technique. Help?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Skeleton Bob, Dec 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Skeleton Bob

Skeleton Bob New Member

I am on day 17 of the SEP, and I am confused about the dialogue technique.

It says "Remember for this exercise you can choose any person, body part or entity."

I understand that you can choose a person and then you can write what you want, then you can imagine what they say and you write that down. How do you have a dialogue with a body part or entity though? A body part or entity can't talk or have feelings! Or am I meant to imagine they can talk?

Thanks!

BloodMoon likes this.
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, just use your imagination. Have a dialogue with that pain in your whatever. What would you like to ask it? What would it say? Why is it there? What would help it go away? These kind of exercises can unleash some insights.........or not.........It doesn't necessarily work for everyone, but it is worth giving it a try. I once wrote a letter to my TMS, which was very therapeutic.

Just have fun with it.

BloodMoon likes this.
  3. Skeleton Bob

Skeleton Bob New Member

Thanks I'll give it a go!