1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 8 Journaling and exercise

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Pain-free, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Pain-free

Pain-free New Member

I am loving the program so far. I'm actually excited about the journaling. I have long known that there are things - many things, really - that I haven't "dealt with" from my past. Having a plan for feeling those feelings in a systematic way tickles my Type A fancy! :)

This morning I went to the gym to swim (well, more like jog my way through the water at a snail's pace, making sure not to irritate my sciatic nerve, per PT's advice), but the towel service was temporarily suspended so I decided to do the elliptical instead. I haven't done anything like that in months. I've been too afraid. This morning, I went at a good pace for 10 minutes with little to no pain. When I did feel twined, I didn't worry about them. By the time I got to my 5-minute cool down, I had no pain at all. An hour later, I still feel great (not that I'm paying attention - ha!).

JanAtheCPA and KevinB like this.
  2. KevinB

KevinB Well known member

That's great- something substantial to add to your Evidence Sheet.

Pain-free likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, pain-free. I agree with Kevin that you're doing great. Physical activity helps heal from TMS pain, and journaling helps us to discover the repressed emotions causing pain. The combination is the Great Pain Healer. I hope you're doing deep breathing. Try to make it a habit, to replace shallow breathing with deep breathing. It is profoundly relaxing.