1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 27 Journaling and avoiding issues

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by DontStopBelieving, Jun 20, 2017.

1. DontStopBelieving

DontStopBelieving Peer Supporter

The journaling techniques that worked for me are the free writing, unsent letters and dialogue. However, I choose the one to do based on the mood I'm in. If I'm tired I do a free write but in my opinion that one is mostly used because with the other two you need to confront the person you're having an issue with, at least in you mind. That's the same reason why I still haven't journaled about certain issues but that is not a sign of not doing it right. Things need time and I don't want to force myself, the slower pace works best for me, it actually helps me realise all the issues I thought weren't such a big deal, for example the fact that girls were usually mean to me during my entire education was a normal thing to my brain, I got so used to it and repressed how it made me feel. Or the fact that during school I was bored still comes up when I'm bored at work. Brings back memories of how I was treated by other kids in school for knowing a lot or asking too many questions. This were all stressful situations for a child especially when there is little or no support from the parents.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Whatever journaling methods work for you, do them. It looks like your troubled emotions go back to your childhood... school situations and getting little or no support from your parents. I think that kids who bully other kids have their own emotional problems and take them out on others. Maybe if you had laughed at them, they would have stopped being mean to you. The same may be true of your parents... they were so wrapped up in their own problems they didn't give you the support you needed. You may just need to accept that you had a less than happy childhood and give a blanket "I forgive you" to everyone.