1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 5 Journaling and activing

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Mara, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Mara

Mara Peer Supporter

Wow, journaling brought up so much stuff about old relationships. Bad relationships and pseudo-relationships. I have dealt with these things years ago in therapy and yet some of it still sparked up, the anger and fear, also the dichotomies in myself that I won't go into.

Anyway, my pain was pretty negligible for the past seven or 10 days, to the point where I was thinking, oh I don't need the TMS forum anymore, I don't need to do the exercises from the Unlearn Your Pain workbook that I ordered. I remember thinking, gee, I have this brand new workbook, which I don't need, since my pain is almost gone. But today, it is worse than it's been in quite some time. Still not bad, but moderate levels, higher than I've felt in several weeks. However, I am not phased, as I have read about this type of mini-relapse happening to many other people.

I have been doing a lot of psychological work and thinking about adult children of alcoholic issues and other issues of mine, and maybe that is stirring up the pain. The pain is saying, oh, you think you will look at all that? No, look at ME instead!

Anyway, back to the SEP, where the question to ponder asked about an activity we enjoy. I used to really love dancing to alternative music back in the late eighties and early nineties, when I was young enough to go to clubs and not feel too old. Nowadays, all those clubs I used to go to locally have closed down and you have to drive pretty far. I was also quite happy dancing to disco or funk. The last time I danced was a New Year's Eve party for 2014 That was when my neck was feeling pretty good, not great but better than it had felt in a while. This was all before reading the Sarno books.

Anyway, I don't have many occasions to dance now. But I could dance around my house I guess. And, over the summer, there is a banquet that my husband and I could go to, which I know will involve a DJ, dancing, and other people who will dance. My poor husband doesn't have much rhythm and does the usual white guy shuffle but he is a good sport and still tries. We should really sign up for that banquet.

2. Mara

Mara Peer Supporter

Just to combat my perfectionism, I will NOT correct the typo in the subject line of my last post (activing instead of activity). Activing sounds like a more interesting word anyway.

pilatesgirl and Ellen like this.
  3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

This is the way to heal, you have the right attitude my friend, yes dance around and all over that banquet as it's power to your soul, Bless You. Awesome, keep em coming. tiphata