1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 Journaled again

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by how_to_feel_emotions, Sep 13, 2021.

1. I encountered some anger, I noticed it when I started to write really quick. It was about how helpless I am that I need to do all this work to get to my emotions. Why I can't just experience them like any normal person. I wasn't very angry but I felt my body lit up a bit.

It also helped with processing the interactions I had with people today.

Originally I planned on writing a letter to a personality trait, but didn't know how I should go about it so I just went with whatever came to mind.

It felt good, but I still feel helpless about if I am ever going to get to the depths of what I am hiding from myself.

I'm also a bit tired, so maybe that plays some role in how I feel

ssxl4000 likes this.
  2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

After lots of therapy, TMS work, and reflection after feeling better for 2.5 years, I have come to believe that most "normal" people repress a lot of their emotions. Everybody seems to have TMS symptoms. It's just they range from minor to severe and some people mask them better than others. TMS treatment can make you very emotionally intelligent, at which point, you will not be like most "normal" people. Not only can you understand your feelings better, but you will probably have more insight into other people's behaviors too. It's rather empowering and makes me feel a bit like a superhero.

Keep up the good work!