1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 27 Journal journal on my bed

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Ryan79, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Ryan79

Ryan79 Peer Supporter

How is journaling working for you?

Journaling can be difficult for me to keep consistent at since of my RSI in my right forearm. After the journaling I tell myself see I can still do this. I can hold a pen and therefore there is nothing to be scared about. I'm still chugging along and the weakness will eventually go away.

Journaling isnt something I look forward to very much. Most of the list compiled are areas of my life that I'd like to just leave in the past. The days that I do journal about more pleasant topics its more beneficial.

What techniques do you find most effective?

I actually find the cluster writing to be the most beneficial.

Do you think you are avoiding any specific technique or issue?

I enjoy science a lot, but not having to please so many people. I told my wife I'd like to go back to finish a chemistry degree ( have a BS in biology) and see if that would open new job paths. I'm just not cut out to serve people day in and day out. Especially trying to get others to change a habbit (CL abuse, diabetes control). Issue = maybe midlife crisis, or low job satisfaction.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Ryan. If you like chemistry, I think it would be great if you could get a degree in it. Chemistry is a great and growing field.
    It would give you a new focus and probably would be very helpful in healing from your symptoms. Liking your work and feeling it is important to you and others can be a game changer. If you can't get the degree going fulltime to school, maybe try part-time or evenings and weekends.