1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 18 Journal emotions

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MrPositive248, Mar 23, 2017.

1. MrPositive248

MrPositive248 New Member

Hello again,

What emotions are most prevalent in my journals? Just reading the journal entries makes me anxious as all hell. Fear, hatred and sorrow are the most common emotions. The words Anxiety and Scarred come up often. I haven’t felt any pain in I forget how long, but the fear of pain continues to pop into my head. Does it ever go away?

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

It is good to recognize and allow these responses. Practice observing and gently being with yourself in these feelings, and disengage repetitive fearful thoughts with the recognition that these thoughts themselves are part of "TMSing." The repetitive thoughts are a sort of defense against ___________? With this, self-compassion and attunement arise. The longer you are successful, the less fear will arise. Or, more importantly, even if you do have relapse, you know what this is all about. Confidence takes its own time to deepen.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.