1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Joint pain that doesn't start until the next day?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by music321, Oct 18, 2017.

1. music321

music321 Well known member

I'm very weak. As a result, my shoulders aren't properly supported. I did some shoulder exercise one evening, and felt a twinge of pain in one of them. Other than that, things were OK. The next morning, I woke with some pretty serious pain in both. Is this likely TMS? Thanks.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

The "twinge of pain" is a "reason" for the mind/body to create symptoms. The fact that they were in both shoulders can be seen as the simple-mindedness of TMS: I recall having pain in one side of my body, recalling a strain, then realized the strain the day before was on the other side of my body! Just seeing this can undo the symptoms, and helps our "education" go deeper in the long-run.

3. music321

music321 Well known member

thanks

4. Lily Rose

Lily Rose Beloved Grand Eagle

You are not very weak. Your body may be, but you are not. It may seem like a small point, but it is actually a very critical one.
    We inhabit these gloriously complex bodies, but we are not our bodies.

Remind yourself that you are strong and powerful and filled with radiance.
    And if your body has some weaknesses, then gently begin the process of strengthening it.

Self-Kindness, Self-Compassion and Self-Love.
    This is the foundation for healing.

.... with Love and Gratitude ^_^

plum likes this.